How to Become a Professional Music Producer? In this video you will get 7 Tips to improve as a music producer.
Tip 1: Master your Tools (DAW/Plugins etc.)
– It’s better to learn and master the tools you have chosen, than to always expand with new things you need to learn.
Tip 2: Get Quality Sounds not Quantity
– With high quality sounds you don’t need to waste time trying to polish them. If you have a high quantity bank of sounds, you will need to spend a long time finding good sounds.
Tip 3: Study and Learn from Courses, Books and Tutorials
– Learn the ways and guides of music production. Train your mind, your ears and you will start to develop an instinct for producing music. It will be like riding a bike.
Tip 4: Analyze Commercial Music Productions
– Sit down, take mental notes, or even real notes, of the song structure, the chord progressions, the instrumentation and balance of them, special production techniques you can hear, and so on.
Tip 5: Get Feedback from People above your Level
– Getting Constructive Feedback from other producers is a great way to improve. But don’t expect quick fixes. Take their feedback, then do your homework. Simply saying thank you don’t make you a better producer.
Tip 6: Make a Habit of Producing Music every Day
– You know what they say. Practice makes perfect. And it’s the only way to become master in any field. And science have shown that regular practice is the most important thing. 1 hour a day is better than one single long session every Sunday.
Tip 7: Join a Community for Music Producers
– Connecting, Discussing and Learning with fellow music producers, is huge for both your knowledge and motivation. You can get feedback, ask questions, share your own tips and tricks, and get new connections.
– My name is Mike, and I am a Music Composer, Sound Designer and Artist from Sweden. I’m also a true old school nerd, who loves coffee, technology and science. =)